I came across some wonderful advice this week outlining the perfect wedding skin care plan from two of my favorite places for beauty. I am sharing what I found for couples getting married this season to have perfectly primed skin for their big day.
“My team and I are not in the beauty business so much as we’re in the business of making women feel confident, gorgeous, and powerful in their own skin.”
Erin Infantino, Simply Gorgeous by Erin
An important part of creating amazing wedding images with you comes from your energy and confidence. When you look good you feel good. I actually think this is one of the secrets to life- even when we’re not feeling it- go out and create it and then the feeling comes. Want to be happy? Go out and do something fun! Want to feel beautiful? Go out and buy a new outfit! I really believe we can’t wait for happiness and beauty to suddenly appear for us, we need to go out and create it to experience it.
In that line, part of feeling amazing comes from looking amazing, and the first place to start is your skin. It gives your beauty artist the perfect foundation to start with so that his or her work can shine. You’ll feel like you have nothing to hide, glowing from the inside out!
And so, without further ado, here are my favorite tips for taking care of your skin for picture perfect imagery on your wedding day (and here’s the secret: they start now!)
“A proper skin care routine with quality products will always be a great investment in your self confidence.”
Skin Prep For Your Wedding Day
Erin recommends the following five tips for flawless skin on your wedding day:
1. Exfoliate the night before. This allows the products to penetrate better. It also lets makeup sit smoothly on the skin creating a better result.
2. Hydrate and moisturize. Most people have dehydrated skin (yes, even oily skin types.) Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. Use a humidifier in your bedroom.
3. Start facials 6 months before the big day. This gets your skin on a routine tailored to your skin type. Consistency with skin care is key and facials help tremendously.
4. Skip the retinol for at least 2 weeks prior to your trial and wedding. These dry the skin out and the makeup will skit on the skin looking dull.
5. Don’t over tan as this makes the skin appear muddy in photos. We prefer au natural but if you must have a tan go with a very light spray tan
The Ultimate Pre Wedding Skin Care Plan
When gearing up for the big day, there’s a slew of lists to consider like your wedding planning checklist, your cocktail party playlist, and a guest list you’re still refining. And given all the planning ahead of you, it’s oftentimes easy to forget about one essential list that should never be forgotten: your bridal skincare routine. See BRIDES Magazine’s ultimate pre wedding skin care plan, according to dermatologists.
I hope this wedding skin care plan has been helpful as you start to make your preparations for your wedding day. If you have any questions whatsoever leave comment below and I’m happy to help! If this resonated with you, share with a friend or tag me on social so I know! Happy planning and I cannot wait to see you in your beautiful skin soon!
View more of Erin’s work here.
And to see beautiful weddings from last season, view them here.