THE JOURNAL

Fine art weddings and inspiration from a fine art wedding photographer with years of experience in travel, language, and art. More than pretty pictures, pretty pictures that make you feel something. Connecticut, New York, Destination

Weddings

Engagements

editorial

personal

business

BLog home

THE JOURNAL

Charis & Ryan Lifestyle Engagement Session in Ontario, Canada

Some people think I’m crazy, but I love winter. I love when it gets dark early, I love turning the fireplace on, snuggling on the couch, and shutting out the world as the wind howls outside. I love a snowstorm and being stuck in the house. My home is my favorite place to be, it’s where my heart is, and cozy sessions like this remind me of all the reasons I love this season and the warmth it brings to home.

Charis & Ryan embraced that idea and cozied up for a sweet in-home lifestyle session at the farmhouse at Woodland Weddings in Ontario, Canada as part of the Katie Nicolle One Day Film Workshop. I absolutely love the way these photos turned out and the way that film captures the rawness and vulnerability of being home, together, and in love. The raw essence of the natural emotions that a session like this evokes, the stripped down and bare feeling that your home gives.

I can’t wait to do more lifestyle sessions with my clients and would love to do one with you! Contact me and reach out if you’re interested!

cozying indetails of the locationlocation detailsdetail of an embracesnugglingsnuggling at the countertopblack and white kissing shotdetail of the ring hanging out on the island stoolsblack and white detail of the coupleportrait of the coupleenjoying coffee togethersmooching over coffeewoman gazing at coffee romanticallyhusband smiling at wifesnuggled up in a blanket togetherclose up of snuggling by the window wrapped in a blanketdetail of the coffee mugslifestyle sessionlifestyle session embrace

All images taken on 35mm film on a Nikon F6. Film stocks: Portra 800, Fuji 400h, and Ilford 3200. Processing by PhotoVision Prints. Taken at the Katie Nicolle Workshop at the Woodland Weddings Farmhouse in Ontario, Canada with @chariselizabeth and @ryanlangendoen.

Connecticut Wedding Photographer | Lifestyle Session | Ontario, Canada

comments +

1. Michaila says:

Ouuu I love film and have been toying with the idea of going hybrid! Also, I watched the BTS of this shoot on Katie’s IG stories! Awesome job!!!

2. Elle says:

These are beautiful!! I love in home sessions 🙂

3. Lydia says:

You are crazy! Haha But glad someone likes winter and dark early days. Beautiful pictures by the way. I love their connection and chemistry.

4. Maria says:

These are gorgeous. I love how simple they are but tell a story too!

• Jennifer Conti says:

Thanks so much! I love how these photos look in a grid! I posted one to my Insta stories the other day. My fave view of them for sure!

5. Blak says:

I fully agree with you, I love those nights where you can turn on the fire place, curl up on the couch, & just relax! & I love this in home session!! Soooo cozy & sweet!

6. Jen says:

Wow!!! These are awesome! I’m always inspired to see images shot with film!

7. I LOVE this session! I would love to do something like this with my husband in our new house. Great job!!

8. […] For more of my work on film, you may be interested in Charis & Ryan – Ontario, Canada […]

9. […] If you liked this Chaffinch Island State Park Engagement Session, here are some other engagement sessions you might enjoy: Christina & Anthony | Charis & Ryan […]

10. I’m a big fan of your blog. I love the content you share and think it’s amazing what you do! It was so awesome to see Charis & Ryan embrace that idea and cozy up for a sweet in-home lifestyle session at Woodland Weddings farmhouse Ontario, Canada as part of the Katie Nicolle One Day Film Workshop. I absolutely love how these photos turned out and how film captures rawness vulnerability being home together in love raw essence natural emotions sessions like this evoke stripped down bare feeling homes give.

Thanks for sharing this post with us!

• Jennifer Conti says:

Thank you so much! I totally agree with every single thing you said and you are exactly right. The film makes these images feel so beautiful and vulnerable at the same time.